I entertain myself, if you choose to be entertained - by all means - I'm too lame for twitter so feel free to spam my inbox, p.kaur.84@hotmail.com ( I've just opened myself up to a world of internet creeps )

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

black box

Lately every time my mother and I go out, as in outside, she makes a point of commenting on how pretty the flowers look since there are just so many blooming it's hard to miss them and my mother enjoys pointing out the obvious. But as I entertained her thoughts about how pretty the flowers are we got into quite the discussion...

If we took the time to admire just a single flower, we'd never get bored. Now I mean truly took the time to examine it. I mean we could spend lifetimes just studying the various shades within one flower or even the beautifully crafted petals of one, just one flower.

We, humans I mean, spend countless years setting out our houses, buying new ones and selling old ones; always trying to make everything we own look pretty - but we're never really satisfied. There will always be that new shade of yellow that would look gorgeous against our sofas in the family room and Martha Stewart will always keep trying to teach up how to make sinks out of flower pots to match our kitchens (or something like that).

But God... Hm God painted every shade in that little flower, sculpted every petal of that little flower and chose exactly where that little flower ought to be. Now tell me when you look at this little flower, this perfect little creation, you don't see God. Don't tell me that through some sort of pant evolution it just happened to turn out that way. I mean don't get me wrong I don't deny plants evolve from other plants and we can manipulate them to be a certain way. But... I have to believe that there's rhyme and rhythm to how the pinks merge into blues into violets. I have to believe that there's a point to the way things are laid out.

Now for a second picture this little flower and then imagine thousands upon millions upon trillions more all over the world (and any other worlds for all I know). And think of how perfect each one is.
Now how great must God be to have created all this?
I can't answer.

I'm still stuck on trying to admire this one little flower.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly one of your best posts ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous #1 - they may just be an insult but I'll take it otherwise. =)
    Anonymous #2: Though I applaud your enthusiasm... this is a family show, let's keep it G-rated (Y)

    ReplyDelete