I entertain myself, if you choose to be entertained - by all means - I'm too lame for twitter so feel free to spam my inbox, p.kaur.84@hotmail.com ( I've just opened myself up to a world of internet creeps )

Friday, February 5, 2010

Who Am I

I am a product of my environment. Molded by expectations of those around me. A constantly changing being with opinions -constantly changing for the goals I am trying to meet and adapting to whatever situations I am faced with. Time, only adds to the many reasons why who I am has no definite definitions. My life is but a never ending journey of self development. Who I am today will not be who I am tomorrow as everyday brings new situations which question my identity. My morals, beliefs and opinions are not set in stone, so they too change as I do - they are what define me. I am a being that adapts to my environment, adjusts to meet expectations and changes with time.

I believe questioning who we are scares us. It challenges us to look "inwards", something we as a society are unfamiliar with. I believe we live in a world where we are fascinated by the lives of others, quick to judge and even quicker at placing blame. Not many are willing to see themselves; take in their own flaws and accept - therefore we cannot define our own identities. We are unwilling to go in dept with our thoughts as they may reveal something we are not prepared to accept. Personally I find that to be the case. In short, we put up a barrier to higher thinking as it may result in learning something about where we stand in life, compared to where we think we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment